Commission staff recently came across a series of articles entitled “Tug Hill Forest Folks” in the office files. The six articles appeared in local papers during the summer of 1982. Written by George Hartwell for the Tug Hill Commission and THRIFT (Tug Hill Resources Investment for Tomorrow), the articles featured:
- Tim Engst, THRIFT Chairman and Williamstown saw mill operator
- Frank Adams, Redfield supervisor and logging contractor
- John Constable Jr., Watertown and Osceola landowner
- Elwin Rowell, Tug Hill forest landowner, THRIFT member, and former logger
- Lloyd Killenbeck, Pierrepont Manor logging contractor
- George Getman, West Turin logging contractor
A pdf of the articles can be found here.