NYS Park and Trail Partnership Program Grants Due December 8
Parks & Trails New York (PTNY) and the New York State (NYS) Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation (OPRHP), is offering the third round of competitive grants through the NYS Park and Trail Partnership Program. The program is administered by PTNY, in partnership with OPRHP, and is a $500,000 capacity-building matching grants program funded through the NYS Environmental Protection Fund. The program is designed to:
- Enhance the preservation, stewardship, interpretation, maintenance and promotion of New York State parks, trails, state historic sites and public lands.
- Increase the sustainability, effectiveness, productivity, and volunteer and fundraising capabilities of not-for-profit organizations that promote, maintain, and support New York State parks, trails, state historic sites and public lands.
- Promote the tourism and economic development benefits of outdoor recreation through the growth and expansion of a connected statewide network of parks, trails, greenways and public lands.
Eligible applicants are organizations whose primary mission is the preservation, stewardship, interpretation, environmental education, maintenance, and/or promotion of a specific New York State park, trail, historic site or public land under the jurisdiction of OPRHP or Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC). In addition:
- An applicant must be a corporation formed pursuant to or subject to the NYS Not-for-Profit Corporation Law.
- An applicant must be classified by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization or have a Memorandum of Understanding with a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt fiscal agent.
- An applicant must have a current formal Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) with OPRHP or current formal Use and Occupancy, Volunteer and Stewardship Agreement (VSA) or Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with DEC at the time the grant is issued.
There are four types of capacity building grants:
- Capacity and Organizational Effectiveness Grants
- Step-Up Grants
- Professional Development Grants
- Stewardship and Public Access Capacity Grants
For more details, please see https://www.ptny.org/our-work/support/park-trail-partnership-program.